Dear District Twenty Educator:
Here is a great opportunity for you! Receive funds to support your innovative ideas! Do you have an idea for a project that will impact education in our district in a positive manner? Does your idea need money to help it become a reality?
Before you finish reading, here is the Grant Application for the 2017-2018 School Year.
The Academy District Twenty Education Foundation, our district’s non-profit foundation, is offering its 2017-18 round of grants to fund opportunities for teachers to use in the classroom. We would like to invite you and/or a group of your colleagues to get creative, come up with an idea, and submit a proposal. We encourage schools to choose the best of their proposals to send.
Here is what you need to know:
- All grant proposals should be aligned to your school’s site-based action planning and accreditation process as well as clearly demonstrate a benefit for students.
- Grants are limited to a maximum of $2,000.
- Feeder schools are encouraged to submit vertical articulation proposals.
- Proposals for computer software, honorariums and technology projects ARE ACCEPTABLE.
- The following proposals are NOT ACCEPTABLE: multiple proposals contributing to a single large project, proposals which have already received a grant, computer hardware, furniture, conference registration fees, field trips, and food costs. In addition, grants cannot support FTE proposals or stipends for existing staff or substitute staff.
- The application form and rubric may be accessed at the Foundation’s website:
- Diane Forsythe, Director for Career and Technical Education, will conduct a grant writing workshop on Thursday, October 5, from 4:00 – 5:00 at the EAC in the Mt. Princeton Room. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Friday, November 3, at 4:00 P.M. is the DEADLINE for proposals. In order to be considered, all paperwork (in hard copy format and addressed to the Foundation in care of Anne Krajcovic) must be received at the EAC by the deadline.
- The Foundation will notify recipients of the grants the week of December 4, 2017.
We are looking forward to receiving your grant application and are excited about the impact our support will have on both you and your students. If you have additional questions, please e-mail Chris Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Glenn Strebe, President
Academy District Twenty Education Foundation